FLIGHTS AND HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW MANDATORY
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok has instructed the Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad to be stricter with requirements when applicants are applying for 60-days Tourist visas for Thailand.
The Royal Thai Embassies, Consulates and Consulates-General will from now require a confirmed airline ticket with flight numbers and date of entry/exit, plus confirmed hotel reservations with name and dates of checking in/out.
Required documents are:
– One completed and signed application form
– One photo (colour, size 4 x 6 cm)
– Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
– Hotel reservation in Thailand with name and dates of checking in/out
– Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry/exit
Please note that
Consular officers reserve the rights to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.
In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.
A new item is added to the list: If a required document is missing, an explanation letter must be provided.
The new requirements have been confirmed by Thaivisa.com and are in effect immediately